OUR FAMOUS SUGAR COOKIE RECIPE
We recommend weighing your ingredients to ensure quality and consistency, however, if you do not have a scale on hand I’ve also included an approximate conversion.
- 200 grams of unsalted butter, at room temperature (roughly 1 1/3 cups)
- 150 grams of powdered sugar (roughly 1 cup plus 3 and 1/2 tablespoons)
- 1 large egg, at room temperature
- 390 grams of flour, plus more for rolling (roughly 3 cups plus 1 1/2 tablespoons)
- 2.5 grams of pure vanilla extract, or the zest of any citrus (half of a teaspoon)
- In the bowl of an electric stand mixer, beat the butter and sugar on medium-high speed until light and creamy.
- Add the egg, and beat until incorporated
- Add the flour, 50 grams at a time, and mix until combined.
- Pat the dough into a disc and wrap it in plastic wrap. Refrigerate for a minimum of 30 minutes.
- Roll out the dough with rolling pin until 3mm thin.
- Then with your floured embossed rolling pin, gently add pressure and roll it over the dough.
- Brush off any excess flour from the dough with a pastry brush.
- Cut the cookies with a floured cookie cutter and lift them onto a parchment lined sheet pan with an offset spatula.
- Place the cookies in the freezer for a minimum of 10 minutes before baking.
- Bake the cookies at 350-375 degrees F (175-190 degrees C) for 5 to 7 minutes then remove them from the hot pan to a cooling rack to avoid over-browning.